Simply Smile Orthodontics is Pembroke Pines’ premiere orthodontist. Dr. Michelle Palmer-Espanol is a well-respected Orthodontist and researcher who provides her patients with the best orthodontic procedures available. To ensure her ability to offer clients the best possible treatment, Michelle actively pursues continuing education and keeps her office updated with the latest technologies. If you or your child needs orthodontic care in Pembroke Pines, Simply Smile Orthodontics will provide you with outstanding services.
Orthodontics is a dental specialty that treats dental abnormalities and is most commonly used to straighten or realign teeth. Orthodontists must complete 2 to 3 years of additional education after completing their dental degree. Although as far back as ancient Egypt people tried different methods of teeth straightening, it did not become a recognized dental specialty until a little over 100 years ago.
- There are many benefits to receiving proper orthodontic care, including:Improved Confidence: Misaligned teeth can make children and adults self-conscious about their smile. A beautiful and healthy smile does wonders for a person’s self-confidence and daily interactions.
- Jaw Health: Misaligned teeth can have a negative impact on your jaw’s health and functionality. If left untreated, some people develop TMJ and experience jaw pain.
- Injury Preventions: Some irregularities, such has an overbite, lead to an increased risk of injury. Children tend to be very active, and protruding teeth are more easily damaged.
- Digestive Health: Irregularities in a person’s bite often leads to food not being chewed appropriately. Over time this can cause problems with the gastrointestinal tract and could result in not enough nutrients getting absorbed into the body.
- Easier to Clean: Some irregularities make brushing and flossing more difficult, leading to an increase in tooth decay.
- Lower Dental Costs: Correcting dental issues will improve a person’s dental health throughout his life.
- Metal Braces: These are the most common type of braces used on children and teenagers. Our metal braces are smaller and more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- Clear Braces: Adults tend to prefer clear braces because they are harder to see.Invisalign: Because Invisalign is clear and does not use wires or brackets, they are almost impossible to detect.
- Retainers: Retainers keep teeth in place after braces get removed.
- Damon Clear Brackets: They are virtually impossible to see and work very quickly.
If you or your child is in need of orthodontics, call us today at 954-280-1810. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be able to answer all of your questions and schedule you a consultation.